The Downland Churches
Holy Trinity Poynings, St Andrew’s, Edburton
St John the Evangelist, Newtimber
The Transfiguration, Pyecombe
Sunday 4th October Harvest/Trinity 18
10 am Harvest Family Service Poynings
followed at 11.15 by Holy Communion
11am Family Communion Edburton
Sunday 11th October Harvest/ Trinity 19
10 am Harvest Festival Newtimber
6 pm Harvest Evening Service Pyecombe
Sunday 18th October Harvest/ St Luke
10 am Holy Communion Poynings
11 am Family Communion Edburton
followed by a Harvest Picnic
Sunday 25th October Last after Trinity
10 am Holy Communion Pyecombe
Morning and Evening Prayer each week
At 9am on Wednesdays at Poynings
At 6pm: Mondays (Edburton),Wednesdays (Pyecombe)
At 5pm: Tuesdays at Newtimber
Evergreens (for the over 60’s)
Monday 5th October, 3.30 – 5pm
at Customary Cottage, Fulking (the home of Tim Stace)
Thanksgiving for Marriage
Sunday, 11th October Lee and Katie Salvidge Edburton
Special events and dates this month
- Friday 2nd October, 7.30pm Old Time Music Hall singalong at Edburton Church, with bangers and mash.
- Tuesday 6th October, 2- 4pm, please support the Afternoon Tea Dance at The Scouts HQ in Hurstpierpoint – tickets £5 in aid of Family Social Work. Tel Wendy on 01273 834464
- Study Groups continue until 21st October on a Wednesday at The Rectory. NB evening group now starts at 7.30pm.
- A further course will run on a Tuesday evening from 20th October for the Deanery led by Caroline. This will cover different types of Christian Spirituality, and has been written by The University of Chichester with the Diocese. Please see flier for further details and how to book.
- October is the month for Harvest services – see overleaf. For Edburton’s Harvest picnic, please get your tickets from Jane Warne or via the website following St Andrews links.
- October 11th is also Apple Day in Poynings – bring fruit to The Village Hall to be pressed – lots of apple activities to enjoy. See village website (www.poynings.net) for details.
- Messy Church at Fulking meets 16th October 4.30 pm – 6pm. Then 20th November and 11th December.
- On Saturday 17th October we will enjoy an evening of traditional songs of the Sussex Downs and Coast at Newtimber Church. Tel 01273 832009 or 835013.
- 29th October, 2.30pm talk about the history of the village and church in Fulking Village Hall.
- A Quiet Day will be held at St Peter’s Woodmancote on 31st October – all welcome – contact Henfield clergy.
- All Souls service 6pm on Sunday 1st November at Poynings
Clergy contact details:
Revd Dr Caroline Currer, Priest-in-Charge
Tel 01273 857456 email@example.com
Revd Graham Jeffery (mainly Edburton) 01273 494559