The Downland Benefice
Holy Trinity Poynings,
St Andrew’s, Edburton
St John the Evangelist, Newtimber
The Transfiguration, Pyecombe
There is a united Benefice service
every Sunday morning at 10am.
On most Sundays this is a service of Holy Communion.
On the first Sunday of each month, it is an all age worship service, followed at 11.15 by a short said Communion service.
Location varies according to the pattern below:
First Sunday (3rd January) Poynings
Second Sunday (10th January) Newtimber
Third Sunday (17th January) Poynings
Fourth Sunday (24th January) Pyecombe
Fifth Sunday (31st January) Newtimber
There is also a Benefice Evening Service at 6pm every second Sunday at Pyecombe.
In addition, at Edburton Church there is:
A service of Family Communion every first and third Sunday at 11am.
(3rd and 17th January 2016)
Morning and Evening Prayer each week
Mondays: Edburton at 6pm
Tuesdays: Newtimber at 5pm
Wednesdays: Poynings at 9am; Pyecombe at 6pm
Evergreens (for the over 60’s)
There will be no meeting of Evergreens in January
We resume in February at the Royal Oak, Poynings
Special events and dates this month
• Deanery study groups following the course ‘Engaging Christian Spirituality’ resume on Tuesday 5th January and meet on 12th and 19th January. At St Francis Church, Hassocks.
• Monday 11th January from 10-12noon, a meeting for all involved in ‘Messy Church’.
• In January, Messy Church meets on Friday 15th, from 4.30 – 6pm at Fulking Hall.
• Poynings PCC will meet on Wednesday 20th January at the Rectory.
• Deanery Synod will meet on Weds 27th January, at St Andrew’s Church, Burgess Hill.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
May 2016 bring you many blessings
Clergy contact details:
Revd Dr Caroline Currer, Priest-in-Charge
Tel 01273 857456 firstname.lastname@example.org
Revd Graham Jeffery (Edburton) 01273 494559