It’s that time of year again when we ask for your help and full commitment with the annual canvass of electors. It’s a full canvass, so lots to do and again we are making it easier with an App on a simple hand held device. Please see the main points to be aware of below:
Annual Electoral Canvass
- Full district-wide canvass – started during July we currently have an excellent return rate of over 63% with the first reminder stage commencing in a week’s time.
- All Mid Sussex properties to receive a Household Enquiry form (HEF)
- Residents must reply online or complete the paper HEF & return to ES within 28 days
- ‘Changes’ and ‘no-change’ can be notified online
- Text, telephone and internet reply channels for ‘no-change’ only
- Non-responder properties visited by Canvassers from Sept until mid Nov
- New 2017 Register to be published 1st Dec 2017
Opportunity to help & earn Extra Cash
- An hourly rate of £9.10 per hour. For this, our expectation is for canvassers to complete at least 8 household enquires in an urban area per hour and 5 per hour in a rural area. Timesheets are required to be completed each time you canvass and submitted to us at the end of each working week via email.
- ES looking for Temp Electoral Canvassers – Please see all the background information here: http://www.midsussex.gov.uk/elections/annual-canvass/
- Full training will be given at the Council Offices, Oaklands, Haywards Heath to successful candidates.
- Canvassers will commence from 1st September through until mid-November
- Canvassers will assist residents by completing HEFs with them online/offline using a smart device (tablet) – very quick and easy App
- Canvasser devices and Electoral database continually synced with secure data centre keeping canvass areas up to date
- Improved earning potential as assigned households are definite non-responders
I am very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Senior Democratic Services Officer – Electoral Services