A ‘For Sale by Auction’ sign went up adjacent to the entrance gate on Wednesday 17 August. The agent is Barnard Marcus. Their website states the next auction will be on Monday 12 September, at Grand Connaught Rooms, Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5DA and details of the sale will be available two weeks before.
- Information was received that the ‘For Sale’ sign disappeared during the night of Wednesday to Thursday. However, during the below site visit Minerals & Waste Officer Natalie CHILLCOTT saw the sign was laying on the ground in the verge.
- Stop Notice was served on the 13th June 2016 and took effect immediately.
- The Enforcement Notice was served on the 13 June and should have taken effect on 12th July 2016. This effective date is suspended due to the submission of an Appeal.
- SDNPA were informed by solicitors acting on behalf of the site owners that an Appeal against the Enforcement Notice had been lodged with the Planning Inspectorate on 11 July 2016.
- Remedial work specified in the Enforcement Notice should be completed by 23rd August 2016 (42 days from when the notice takes effect). Currently this date is suspended due to the appeal.
- Before 30 April 2017 the land must be restocked with trees as per the Forestry Commission Notice.
- Sale by auction by Barnard Marcus on 12 September 2016.
SDNPA website has a dedicated webpage with regular updates, which can be accessed from the front screen by clicking on the photo titled ‘Pondtail Wood Update’: