The Downland Churches
Holy Trinity Poynings, St Andrew’s, Edburton
St John the Evangelist, Newtimber
The Transfiguration, Pyecombe
Sunday 5th July Trinity 5
10 am Family Service Poynings
11am Family Communion Edburton
Sunday 12th July Trinity 6
10 am Holy Communion Newtimber
6 pm Evening Praise Pyecombe
This service rounds off the Village Weekend
Sunday 19th July Trinity 7
10 am Holy Communion Poynings
11 am Family Communion Edburton
Sunday 26th July Trinity 8
10 am Holy Communion Pyecombe
Morning and Evening Prayer each week
At 9am on Wednesdays at Poynings
At 6pm: Mondays (Edburton),Wednesdays (Pyecombe)
At 5pm: Tuesdays at Newtimber
Evergreens (for the over 60’s)
Monday 6th July, 3.30 – 5pm at Rushfields, Poynings,
(with thanks to Colin, Pam and Cathy)
Sat 11th July Conrad Howard and Hannah Peckham Edburton
Friday, 24th July Mark Enticknap and Sian Bryan Poynings
Sat 25th July Tom Brookes and Georgie Shand Poynings
Sunday 19th July, 2pm Madison Rose Carter Pyecombe
Special events and dates this month
- On July 5th from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, we have a String Ensemble and Strawberry tea at Newtimber: in the Church and at Newtimber Place. Tickets from Shirley Murrell (01273 857353) or Lucy Dalrymple (01273 832009).
- PYECOMBE VILLAGE WEEKEND AND FLOWER FESTIVAL is the weekend of July 11th and 12th. Come along either day and enjoy our theme of ‘Anything Goes’. The evening service at 6pm on Sunday rounds it all off.
- Also on 12th July, we have a special service in the morning at Newtimber, when we will welcome the High Commissioner from South Africa, Mr Obed Thembinkosi, and Brigadier General Sithabiso Mahlobo. We will be remembering together those who died aboard the SS Mendi
- The Joint PCCs will meet at 7 pm on 13th July in Poynings Church and afterwards at The Rectory for a short meeting and bring and share supper.
- Deanery Synod meets on Thursday 16th July at 8pm St Edwards in Burgess Hill. (Communion before at 7.15pm)
- The third of our Messy Church events will take place on the evening of Friday 17th July at 4.30pm at Fulking Hall.
- Fulking Fair is Sunday 26th July: look out for posters with further details.
Clergy contact details:
Revd Dr Caroline Currer, Priest-in-Charge
Tel 01273 857456 email@example.com
Revd Graham Jeffery (mainly Edburton) 01273 494559