Not sure what to put in your Recycling Bin? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Hopefully this will help.
- Plastic bottles but remove the caps. (not plastic packaging, yogurt/margarine/ice cream cartons, plastic food trays, polystyrene)
- Mixed paper & cardboard (including newspapers, telephone directories & magazines).
- Food and drink cans. (not paint, other non-food tins)
- Glass bottles & jars (not milk bottles, pyrex, drinking glasses or mirror glass)
- Tetra Paks (waxed cartons with NO silver lining)
- Anything else EXCEPT clinical waste, garden waste, electrical goods or large items of household waste.
Please ensure bins are at the edge of your property, at the point nearest the highway, by 7am on the day of collection.
Bin lids must be fully closed to enable collection.
Any waste not in the receptacle provided by the Council will not be collected.
If you consistently find your bins do not offer sufficient capacity, please contact MSDC for advice.
Assisted collections are available, please contact MSDC for details.
Clinical Waste collections are available, please contact MSDC for details.
Chargeable collection of bulky household waste are available.
Extra waste can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Sites at East Grinstead, Brighton, Burgess Hill and to mobile Civic Amenity Collections around the district at weekends.
A kerbside Garden Waste Collection Service is available. A 240 litre wheeled bin is provided at a cost of £35 per year and emptied once a fortnight.
For more information go to www.midsussex.gov.uk/recycling or ring 01444 477 440